Across 2017, Solaris Offgrid has been sharing its last-mile expertise through Field Studies and other best practices acquired while managing our operating branch Solaris Tanzania. (re)Discover those articles as part of one of many impactful contributions to the community.
> Industry perspective <
- Challenges & Solutions of the SHS Market (Review of The latest Hystra Report) – Examines the major challenges faced by practitioners, and how Solaris Offgrid helps its partners to overcome them.
> Marketing/Sales <
- Where to expand your operations? – Outlines a process for finding a new location to open a centre of operations to serve customers at the last-mile.
- Beyond lighting: evaluating the needs of rural communities – Based on a survey conducted in Tanzania, this report explored appealing products, as well as current levels of access to these products.
- How does Solaris Tanzania find households in (energy) need? – Presents our ambassador program (Solaris Business School), providing valuable support to our local sales.
- Customers referring Customers – Exposes referral tactics to improve customer acquisition, looking at the characteristics of the customers who refer the service and their triggers.
> After-sales <
- The Solaris Rafikis: ensuring satisfied (repaying) customers – Discusses the structuration and benefits of structuring a “close to customer” after-sales approach.
- The costs of collecting cash – Studies payment collection between cash and mobile money, it also looks at the logistic/scalability implications.
- Who are the micro-entrepreneurs empowered by Solaris Tanzania? – Presents this special programme co-designed with Accenture to mentor energy entrepreneurs in villages.