- Supporting the Sales, Business Development and Project Development Teams including sales presentations and negotiations with customers, specifically for projects in West Africa
- Lead generation of new customers (Scouting, Mapping, Prospecting, etc.)
- Assess site characteristics, constraints and analyze consumption demands of the customer during prospection phase.
- Perform feasibility studies for solar project including CAPEX estimation and solar plant performance simulations.
- Developing high value technical solutions and structuring winning proposals.
- Developing sales pipeline with Total’s supplier network (EPCs, engineering consultants) and ensuring their compliance with Total standards throughout the design and offer preparation phase
- Coordinate with design team to prepare and follow-up local approvals and regulatory obligations.
- Support preparation of dossiers to be submitted to internal investment committees.
- Preparing hand over dossier from Sales and Business Development to Project Development team.
- Liaise with HQ technical services for technical specifications use and continuous improvement and with remote engineering support when applicable.
Context and environment
The Technical Sales Engineer works in a highly demanding environment that requires organizational and communication skills.
The role enables interacting with customers and educating them about the technical aspects of solar projects. There is also a lot of support available from both sales and projects team to help innovate solutions for different customers. Working with multiple teams also leads to gaining insights about various industries and using this to better target clients.
Precise estimation of projects is a major challenge that can play a crucial role in winning a project. A thorough understanding of the technicalities of the execution and operation of a solar plant will also be required in order to educate and clarify customer concerns.
Educating the sales team about the solar lease offer and the design aspects of solar plants is a constant process in order to enable them to pass on the same information to their clients.
- 2 to 4 years of design engineering experience on rooftop solar projects.
- Graduate from a premier university with a degree in engineering. Graduate degree and/or related professional qualifications considered a plus.
- Experience with maintaining minimum functional specification, commissioning checklists, and standard operating practices for rooftop solar projects.
- Working experience in electrical norms, renewable energy regulations, construction codes, is appreciated.
- Experience in customer facing roles.
- Knowledge of sales, engineering and solar specific software such as AutoCAD, PVSyst, Meteonorm, SolarGIS, Helioscope, Sketchup, MS Project etc.
Offer ID: 71050BR
Employment type: Regular position
Experience level required: Minimum 6 years
Employer company: TotalEnergies Renewables Development Middle East
Branch: Gas Renewables And Power
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.