About Husk Power Systems
Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy service companies with operations in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
Husk is seeking a Site Lead, to join the growing team in Nigeria. The candidate should be adept in undertaking/supervising all the construction activities at a typical Solar Hybrid Mini Grid. Your job will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that our sites are delivered on time, within budget and without compromising quality. You will be the go-to person for everything happening on the site under construction. You need to be a team player and have a problem-solving attitude.
Project location(s) across Nigeria.
Projects & Installation
- Play a key part as a member of the Installation Team in driving site installation targets.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and other members of the Nigerian Team to deliver on business objectives.
- Support the optimization of various Husk NG activities to ensure best practices are entrenched towards more efficient processes.
- Support in driving “Best Practices” across the business. Once a “Best Practice” has been identified, ensure that the practice is visible nationally and to another subsidiary.
- Support in negotiating solutions, resolve conflicts and provide solutions in the best interest of HUSK Power Systems, and our clients and employees across potential mini grid (and other) locations.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Site Installation Management
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Actively resolve any ROW or stakeholder issues at Site including alignment with T & D Network.
- Ensure that the Sites are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate issues to Installation Manager as needed.
Risk Management and Team Support
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Support the Project Manager in coordinating HOTO process with the Operations Team.
- Work with Procurement, Finance and HR to ensure project delivery and resource optimization.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to deliver on project installations as required.
- Coordinate and maintain regular communication, as well as develop positive and productive relationships with various community focus groups/stakeholders, Village Power Committee (VPC), customer groups, vendors/suppliers/sub-contractors etc.
Does this sound like you?
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mindset with excellent problem-solving skills.
- This position requires risk analysis, critical thinking, and the ability to provide solutions to the benefit of the company, and projects.
- Able to offer support/coordination to company workflow when required.
- Operationally focused; detailed oriented but able to grasp the big picture.
- Minimum of HND in electrical/ civil/ electronics/ mechanical or other engineering/science degrees.
- Proven (2-3 years) working experience as a project engineer.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in site/project development activities.
- Good knowledge/experience in the electrical installation industry is preferred
- Must be computer literate
- Vocational or technical school training is an advantage.
- Experience in a similar role,and working in rural/peri-urban areas is an advantage
- Business level fluency in major Nigerian languages, a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and project management tools (MS Project, Asana, Slack etc)
- Dependability, attention to detail, cooperation, stress tolerance, concern for others, initiative, leadership, self-control, and independence are the desired prerequisites.
- You are driven to support the delivery of business growth in a new market.
- You have a robust industry network and understand effective client engagement practices.
- You are an effective planner and have a strong orientation to process
- You building strong relationship built on trust, and are a strong verbal communicator
- You pride your communication skills.
- Most importantly, candidate must fit company spirit where people work smart, play hard, have fun and are dedicated to success.