Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
About your role:
Millions of farmers and rural entrepreneurs in India lack access to modern and clean energy technologies. Poor energy access prevents deployment of production and processing technologies that could in help improve productivity and increase value addition. It can also help reduce food loss and waste in the food value chain.
WRI India is seeking an exceptional candidate to advance its ongoing work on its energy for development in Madhya Pradesh. The position is most suited to an individual who has an interdisciplinary background with a passion for working in the rural livelihoods, agriculture, and energy access. The position holder should be willing to travel within Madhya Pradesh as necessary and in accordance with COVID protocols as applicable at the time of project in the state of Madhya Pradesh. With their knowledge of the rural livelihoods and energy access landscape in MP and India, the consultant will support the vision of WRI to support the provision of reliable, affordable, and sustainable energy for all.
How your day will unfold:
The responsibilities include:
Data collection and analysis:
- Identify agriculture and other livelihood value chains in MP that which can benefit from clean energy inputs throughout the chain.
- Conduct value chain energy mapping to understand forms of energy utilized at every value chain point
- Support the team in identifying energy technologies that can help reduce the energy gap in the value chain points
- Conduct stakeholder engagements with government, NGOs, CSOs, FPOs, and technology vendors to identify regions and value chains for successful implementation of clean energy technologies.
Communication and Partnerships
- Coordinate and schedule meetings regarding projects among team and with external partners
- Coordinate outreach efforts on behalf of program/projects and anchor partner engagement activities
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Master’s degree in agriculture, energy, natural sciences, environmental sciences, development studies, or any related disciplines.
- Up to 4 – 6 years of work experience.
- Familiarity with primary data collection methods, research, and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal/ written/ communication skills
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Fluency in spoken and written Hindi and English is essential.
- Familiarity with workings of rural development, agriculture, renewable energy departments in Madhya Pradesh
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced working environment and to juggle multiple assignments with little supervision.
Salary and Benefits: 10,00,000 to 11,50,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: Full-time, term hire for a period for 1 year ( extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Bhopal or any city in Madhya Pradesh
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do – from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.