We’re looking for a Solar Sales Manager, Africa to join our DDS organization in Nairobi , Kenya
We are Signify, formerly Philips Lighting. Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive while working in a fast-paced company. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career while transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
What you’ll do
- Deliver total sales and IGM for territory for solar segments assigned
- Analyze the market, competition, technology and developments, in order to find new business opportunities within the business strategy
- Incorporate our product specifications in customer projects, creating preference, increasing chances of win, building a solid project funnel, ensuring high win rate and margin and achieving the top line and bottom-line targets
- Ensure sales of new products as per target. Prepare and plan, together with the sales channels, the market introduction of the new products, including promotion material and product information, in order to generate the largest impact in the market
- Make seminar presentations, customer demonstration to create awareness of the product line and ensuring product preference from customers, specifiers, installers and channel partners
- Provide product and system solutions by doing solar sizing calculations as per customer requirements and/or proposing product and system solutions to customers who need support
- Conduct training for own colleagues, channel partners and installers for solar products and systems
- Translate business opportunities into business results Drive cross functional collaboration, strategic focus, organization agility
- Ensure BMC key enablers on track Grow market share Validate technical design for large, complex projects & ETOs when requested by Systems Centers and sales teams, coordinating with product management and product marketing for smooth operations Support Systems Centers and sales/marketing teams with technical training and deployment of 1st of kind pilots
- Analyze and continuous scan of competitor products and systems including comparative analysis
- Provide expertise on product features and interfaces
- Should have thorough understanding of standards and codes of practices of countries in scope Should know the market, competitors and other players in the value chain of markets in his/her scope.
What you’ll need
- B.E. ,M.B.A 10-15 years of relevant experience with technology background
- Experience in sales, marketing, application engineering, project system design, technical resolution, field engineering, programming & commissioning
- Excellent communication skills. Knowledge and experience of sales, marketing, project management & product management concepts
- Relevant experience in solar, public lighting
- Experience in international projects, with travel for customer interaction and field implementation / resolution
- Knowledge of national and international standards and codes of practice. Expertise in component building block sizing for a complete system, understanding technical and customer specifications
- Experience in system integration and conducting proof of concepts and mock ups with multiple technologies and stake holder companies
- Ability to handle customer concerns, management of stakeholders, drive implementation teams and third parties towards resolution, keeping projects on schedule and within cost
- Ability to understand and analyze the system design and needed building blocks to ensure correct technical design and field implementation.