Reporting line: Head of Finance and Administration
Grade: Procurement Assistant
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.6 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
The incumbent will be required to lead and implement best practice policies and procedures for Procurement and Vendor Management in ENGIE Energy Access Zambia. Including managing and leveraging of good vendor relationships and evaluation and appraising vendors and suppliers through the process of supplier or vendor registration. They will be responsible for Maintaining a credible approved Suppliers Register, Identification and mitigation of Sourcing and Vendor risks in all sourcing activities and maintaining high Level of professionalism and ethical dealings with all vendors and Service providers.
- Overseeing the procurement process of all supplies/services ensuring detailed procedure and selection process is clearly outlined in the procurement policies and Procedures.
- Coordinating pre-qualification of suppliers to maintain and regularly update the supplier database
- Manage the approved supplier list. Ensure all suppliers uphold the terms and conditions of the agreement, and in need of sourcing or changing current agreements. Coordinate with the Head of Finance and Administration to facilitate any necessary additions and changes.
- Conduct necessary price checks on all procurement conducted and manage the process to negotiate and obtain value for money
- Manage vendor relationships with vendors, service providers and landlords where applicable ensuring that all items procured are correctly invoiced and paid timely.
- Manage the contract and price negotiations with vendors, service providers, contractors and office leases and examine and re-evaluate existing contracts from time to time
- Establish SLAs for all service providers and suppliers and monitor its compliance
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Evaluating spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products purchased and the timeliness of deliveries
- Work closely with Finance, and seek out clarifications on supplier invoices when necessary
- Working closely with the Global legal team to make sure contracts and terms are favorable and compliant with EEA guidelines
- Ensure conflict-of-interest policy is upheld throughout all the processes of procurement
- Report on realized cost savings monthly.
- Conducting and overseeing strategic sourcing in ENGIE Energy Access Zambia.
- Reviewing procurement spends in ENGIE Energy Access Zambia and providing expert advice in reducing costs.
- Any other duties that will be assigned by the Head of Finance and Administration.
Knowledge and skills Experience:
- Exceptional interpersonal & customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Familiarity with company products, services, and policies.
- Strong coaching and leadership skills, ability to motivate employees.
- High level of emotional intelligence and negotiation skills
- Strong c ritical thinking , analytical & problem-solving skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong cost management and independent performance
- Degree in any Business-Related Field.
- Minimum of Five (5) years post qualification experience.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) or CIPS
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Excel and general data analysis skills