The People Experience (PX) Associate will work closely with key stakeholders to create a great working environment at Namene, Zimbabwe, to drive productivity, employee engagement and create a great employer brand to attract and retain talent. They will be responsible for providing advice and guidance on employee lifecycle, policies and procedures and the HR Information System. They will also act as the custodian of all HR data in Namene, Zimbabwe.
The role holder will do this by supporting the development and implementation of PX initiatives and systems. They will require excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills to support managers in driving a positive employee experience within the company.
The role is varied and provides a rewarding opportunity to make a valuable contribution to Namene’s vision, purpose and strategy. There will be plenty of opportunities to develop and grow your skills in a supportive and innovative environment.
Duties and responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans within Namene, Zimbabwe.
- Onboard new hires to their function within Namene, Zimbabwe, as well as established company norms
- Liaise with existing staff to clarify job descriptions and related expectations.
- Assist in the Performance Review Process
- Provide first line advice on the application and implementation of HR policies, procedures and processes
Recruitment and talent management
- Support the Head of People and the leadership team in developing a talent strategy with a focus on attracting, retaining, developing the teams and having robust talent management and succession plans in place.
- Support recruitment activities by drafting job descriptions, posting advertisements and general support with the recruitment process.
- Provide support and guidance to managers on the recruitment process including identifying methods of assessment.
- Support the review of the size and shape of the workforce within Namene, Zimbabwe, to ensure optimal balance of people with the right skills and knowledge and workload.
Training and development
- Develop training and development programs.
- Administer regular, detailed needs assessments to identify skills deficits.
- Coordinate with external training providers, when required.
- Support the Head of People and the Namene, Zimbabwe, leadership team to deliver successful projects, programmes and change initiatives.
- Support the development and implementation of PX initiatives and activities.
- Conduct research on new technologies to improve efficiency and safety in the workplace
- Provide employee lifecycle administration with the creation of offer letters, accurate paperwork and submission of correct HR Forms to ensure compliance.
- Administer payroll and benefits process and act as a first point of contact for all payroll and benefits related queries in Namene, Zimbabwe.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
- Collate and provide information related to employee activities such as new starters, change in terms and conditions for payroll purposes.
- Draft instructional manuals, onboarding materials and other relevant documentation.
- In consultation with the Head of People, review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- A degree in HR Management or equivalent experience.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in People Experience or similar role.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.).
- Understanding of Zimbabwean labor law.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Outstanding organisational, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure whilst retaining accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to engage effectively and present fluently to a range of stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse problems and proactively identify solutions.
- A good understanding of the importance of confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive people related matters with tact and diplomacy.
- Proven track record of boosting company growth through training and learning activities.
- Experience in processing monthly payroll.
- Knowledge of relevant performance tracking software and indices.
As a remote-first company we work in a trust-based environment that gives our team members flexibility, responsibility and accountability in their work.
We are a supportive and welcoming team that respects each individual’s unique skills and experiences and values diversity and inclusivity in our work environment
Please complete a detailed application, ensuring that you submit an up-to-date CV and compelling cover letter evidencing your suitability for the role. Deadline for applications is 14th May 2023, however we will be reviewing submissions on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable number of qualified candidates express interest.