Application Deadline: Rolling
Team: Product & Operations
Reporting To: Head of Operations
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Import Logistics Officer will strongly support import logistics of ENGIE Energy Access to ensure products are ordered and delivered on time. He/She will manage data for shipments and provide support to many steps of transportation process, he will be the point of contact between the company and its suppliers.
- Close support of internal stock order process and ensuring that all internal tools and systems are up to date.
- Monitoring and Reporting of all planned containers in close consultation with Global Supply chain team.
- Monitoring and reporting of all shipments in transit and under clearing in close consultation with clearing Agents in country.
- Ensuring that all relevant import documents are received on time and are in compliance with customs rules and regulations.
- Obtaining relevant exemptions from national or regional authorities for goods imported.
- Supporting the selection of external logistics providers (freight forwarders and carriers).
- Coordination with Finance department and local clearing Agent to arrange payment for custom duties/levies, and other clearing and forwarding payments as per requirements.
- Dealing with customs and other involved local authorities for day to day operational issues.
- Ensuring all shipments have valid insurance cover.
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Logistics Company or Clearing Agent with strong supply chain background.
- Technical Knowledge of Solar Energy products to identify correct applicable HS Codes.
- Advanced Knowledge in Ms Office required esp. Excel
- Extensive Knowledge of the Kenyan Import Industry esp. in regard to renewable Energy is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a multicultural environment.
- Established connections and contacts within the Import Logistics Industry is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management or related business field is required.
- Certification in related field is a plus.
- English fluency (writing, speaking and reading)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!