At GOGLA we’re looking for a passionate individual to support the cross-functional communications team with activities across our communications and fundraising work, focusing on strategic content creation.
About the job
The off-grid sector has already improved the lives of over 400 million people with clean, affordable energy and will play a vital role in achieving the sustainable development goals and clean energy transition. As the voice of the off-grid solar sector, GOGLA plays a leading role in ensuring the sector’s potential is understood by critical actors including policymakers, investors and market enablers.
We are looking for an energetic individual to work collaboratively with the GOGLA team to deliver compelling, impactful and engaging content across all our communications platforms, including social media, web and newsletters. The right candidate will have a good understanding of content creation for different platforms and will be passionate about social media marketing.
Location: Netherlands. Outstanding applicants based in London, Nairobi, Valencia, or other locations compatible with the EU time-zone, will also be considered.
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Duration: 1-year contract with an intention to extend
Hours per week: 40 hours
Starting: As soon as possible
Application deadline: 1st September, 2023
- Creating short, snappy content for GOGLA’s social media channels, including the creation of visuals and ad copy for paid social, marketing and acquisition activity
- Taking ownership of the GOGLA content calendar
- Taking ownership of GOGLA’s newsletters
- Supporting website maintenance and content creation where required – crafting landing pages and, on occasion, writing blog posts and articles
- Contributing to regular digital reporting & evaluation
- Monitoring industry news and identifying hot topics, key trends, leading voices and actors in climate and development
- Supporting project management & coordination across the communications team
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of experience and expertise that includes:
- You ideally have a degree in Digital Marketing or are a self-taught passionate Digital Content Creator, with 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- You have excellent writing and editing skills
- You have experience working with a CMS like WordPress
- You can create basic visuals using Canva and have an eye for design
- You have experience or interest in paid ads and data analytics (SEO and SEM knowledge)
- You know when to ask for feedback and can implement it well
- You are proactive and have a collaborative mindset. Project coordination does not bog you down
- You have the ability to work in a diverse, international team
- You are a fluent or a native English speaker; French is a plus
All staff at GOGLA are required to work in line with our organization’s values. This means working boldly, enthusiastically, pro-actively and transparently whilst promoting a good team spirit and treating others in a fair and equal way. Please see our website for more details about our values.
GOGLA embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This makes the organisation fuller and our work better.
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to think strategically and work creatively in a fast-paced international environment
- Ability to work in a small team
- An international work environment in a fast-growing, innovative industry
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- A dynamic team and strong global network of members and partners in the off-grid energy and international development sector
- A workplace that provides flexibility and freedom, and expects initiative, passion and drive from motivated self-starters
- The knowledge that you help build an impactful sector and contribute towards a better world
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Junior Project Manager, Digital Content Marketing? Then we’d love to hear about you!