Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build, and operate the lowest-cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 50,000 homes and businesses, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2.
Apart from power, we offer a range of clean energy services, including appliance and electronics sales, rooftop solar installation for rural customers, agro-processing hubs, EV leasing, clean drinking water, and much more. We serve households, businesses, farmers, health clinics, schools, women, and youth entrepreneurs, entirely from renewable energy – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Along with the clean energy business, Husk aims to be the leader in the rural appliances space, catering to end customers and retailers alike.
Husk’s EED (Energy Efficient Devices) business is aimed at aggregating and organizing the rapidly growing appliance market. Through this business vertical, Husk gives rural customers access to home appliances and electronics of the highest quality from the world’s best brands along with value-added services. Husk already caters to thousands of rural customers who are our first-time buyers and aims to add many more in a very short duration, while expanding its portfolio of offerings.
Safety; Honesty and Integrity; Mutual Respect; Frugal Innovation; Quality and Reliability; Excellence as an Attitude; We > I; Fail Fast and Learn Faster.
Husk is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, or religion. Husk is committed to improving gender balance within its teams in India and globally. Female candidates are therefore highly encouraged to apply even if not all requirements are met.
Husk offers flexible working conditions with employee benefits that are in line with global best practices. These include clear career growth planning, transparent annual review processes that are gender inclusive, maternity, and paternity leave, gender-inclusive workplace conditions, family health insurance, and frequent training to assist the employees to grow in and to the next roles. Husk does not believe in micromanagement and encourages its employees to have a healthy work-life balance, hence giving them the freedom to manage their workload to be compatible with their lives.
Position Name: Head, EEDs Business
Division / Function: EEDs
Location of the Job: Abuja
Reports to: Global Head, EEDs
The Head, EEDs Business is a senior management position responsible for the strategy, growth, and achievement of the rapidly growing eB2C and eB2B appliances business lines and for various mini-grid sites including exploring any other markets. The Head, EEDs Business, will own all plans and strategies for developing the business and creating a first-mover giant in the rural eB2C & eB2B space.
This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in India and Nigeria and reports to the Global Head, EEDs with a dotted line to the Country Director.
- Responsible for P&L and market share-driven growth decisions for the eB2C & eB2B business
- Responsible for end-to-end growth of the overall business: Monitoring, analyzing, and forecasting tracking progress for sales, customer management, and operational parameters.
- Market sizing the overall geography and expanding into cities and districts across the territories.
- Responsible for customer penetration and maximization of customer density and customer output in the region
- Coordination and follow-up with cross-functional teams, for growth and relationship management of existing business.
- Maintaining relationships with the Key Community Leaders in the designated area and mentoring the team toward the right relationship management with their respective leaders
- Building and leading functions including sales, marketing, customer relationship, operations, and fulfillment through logistics, procurement, and software platforms.
- Recruit, develop, and lead a high-performance team for sales, marketing, and operations by setting clear goals and providing ongoing coaching and support.
- Drive results by setting clear performance expectations, constantly monitoring and driving individual and team performance, and recognizing and rewarding high achievers.
Innovation & Growth
- Guide marketing to drive pricing, offline and digital offers, loyalty programs, and product portfolio strategy.
- Collaborate with the tech team to develop, implement, and continuously improve customer and internal-facing software solutions.
- Drive operations and logistics to drive cost, forecast, fulfillment, deliveries, and value-added services.
- Work closely with accounts and finance to manage business KPIs.
Drive P&L KPIs
- Leverage the Husk brand and own personal network to build processes for customer acquisition, retention, and loyalty.
- Drive data-driven insights leading to sales, profitability, and customer strategies.
- Own all parts of the customer journey by creating a deep and wide funnel from lead generation to customer satisfaction.
- Own and drive customer relationships
- Be responsible for payments and collection of outstanding amounts from customers.
- Bring extreme discipline to all offline and online processes.
Reporting and Dashboarding
- Be the organization’s eyes and ears to understand and build on market trends.
- Be the voice of the business unit, leading reporting at daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly levels, to be shared at CXO and investors’ level.
- Analyze sales data, market trends, and competitive activity to identify areas for improvement and provide actionable insights to senior management.
Required Skills & Attributes
- 12+ years of relevant business leadership experience, preferably in the consumer durables or white goods segments
- 5+ years of experience in leading high-performing sales teams
- Experience in handling large, multi-tiered, geographically spread sales teams.
- Strong experience in high-growth tech start-ups, preferably focused on Tier-2 markets with MSME customers/ retailers/businesses.
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, and recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strength in problem-solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- You have no issues working in (and living around) rural Nigeria and in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
Location and Travel
This role is based in Abuja Nigeria requires frequent travel to other areas of Husk Plant locations and other parts of the country.
Based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications, salary can be negotiated, if required.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Husk Power Energy Systems and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, colour, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.