At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
As a Deputy Regional Sales Manager, you will a team of M-KOPA sales supervisors and support on the execution and delivery of sales against agreed targets. You will help recruit and build a high performing sales team and grow the performance of M-KOPA’s sales channels.
- Managing a team of direct field sales agent, including recruitment
- Overseeing and monitoring performance of M-KOPA’s field sales managers and sales executive.
- Defining KPI’s across sales teams, developing operational performance reporting and supporting target achievement.
- Implementing and monitoring incentive sales commission programs for sales agents and supervisors tied to key business objectives
- Ensuring all sales agents and supervisors are fully trained on M-KOPA sales, methods and processes for customer onboarding and activations.
- Ensuring all sales agents have required sales tools e.g. T-shirts and flyers
- Support M-KOPA’s planning for sales operations and distribution including,
- Closely monitoring sales forecasting across all channels.
- Defining operational and territorial coverage plans for the sales force teams and pushing for continuous improvement.
- Drive M-KOPA’s sales channel performance and sales data reporting and insights including;
- Responsible for developing and submitting daily/weekly/monthly reports on sales
- Tracking and analyzing sale-outs across all channels
- Support sales development, performance, and intervention across channels.
- Aligning sales goals and processes to ensure strong customer credit performance and repayment by onboarding quality sales and ensuring the sales teams adhere to agreed customer screening processes on activation.
- Five (5) + years of experience in sales, preferably working in electronic device sales, FMCG or financial services with the capability for strategic decision making and demonstrated business acumen.
- Passionate about our mission of upgrading life and making products more affordable and accessible.
- Inspiring teams to get the out of them and enjoy delighting customers with excellency in service delivery and execution.
- Proven ability to build and manage a network of field teams and regional representative and support functions in a comparable industry.
- Excellent project and stakeholder management skills to coordinate across internal teams and external partners, retailers.
- Highly motivated and have a strong sense of ownership.
- Visible, proactive and personally involved leader with excellent organizational, influencing and cross-cultural communication skills both verbal and written.
- Comfortable in a first moving environment with frequent change and a sense of urgency.
- High integrity and openness combined with a commitment to good governance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in any related field