About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE is the largest independent electricity producer in the world, and one of the major players in natural gas and energy services. The Group has more than 50 years of experience on the African continent and has the unique ability to implement integrated solutions all along the energy value chain, from centralized electricity production to off-grid solutions (Solar Home Systems, mini-grids) and energy services. ENGIE Africa counts nearly 4,000 employees, has 3.15 GW of power generation capacity – in operation or construction, and is a leader in the decentralized off-grid energy market (Access to Energy) providing clean energy electricity to more than 4 million people through domestic solar installations and local mini grids.
ENGIE Africa created a new business line Access to Energy (A2E) which encompasses the activities of Fenix, Mobisol (2 companies providing Solar Home Systems solutions) and ENGIE PowerCorner (active in mini-grids construction and operations). With these three entities, ENGIE Africa underlined that it is bringing decentralised electricity to more than four million people in nine countries. This initiative also illustrates ENGIE Africa’s strong belief in the huge potential of these activities and has built a leading and unique position in the A2E African market and is willingness to input all the necessary resources to make these activities business scalable and grow and deliver on its promises both in terms of revenues and social impact.
The mission of A2E is to deliver affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy solutions and life changing services with exceptional customer experience. We do this in order to improve the quality of life of our customers and support economic prosperity through access to clean energy.
The Business Strategy Manager is responsible for leading a team of analysts in performing high-level business analyses and developing analytical solutions to improve the company’s operating performance. A Business Strategy Manager utilises KPIs, business performance data, industry trends, competitor intelligence and customer information to develop analytical tools, reports and models across the organisation to inform and support decision-making. Success in this position will be determined by the implementation of comprehensive analytical solutions to provide valuable insights critical for the decision-making process and ability to influence evidence-based change for operational improvements and future business initiatives.
This position will report to the Head of Strategy and Business Development but will carry out activities in collaboration with all departments.
- Developing and implementing data-driven business strategies to improve company performance and drive growth;
- Collecting and analyzing large amounts of data, such as market trends, consumer behavior and competitor activities, to support decision making and inform business strategies;
- Designing and implementing data analytics processes, tools, and systems to ensure data accuracy and efficiency;
- Collaborating with senior leaders across the organization to align business and operational strategies with the overall company strategy;
- Providing thought leadership on market trends and new business models and developing insights to inform the organization’s strategy;
- Using data and analytics to impact business strategies and adjust as necessary;
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to integrate data analytics into various business processes and identify areas for improvement and implement solutions;
- Communicating business strategies and complex data insights and recommendations to stakeholders and senior leadership;
- Leading and mentoring a team of data analysts and providing training and support as needed;
- Staying up to date with the latest trends and technologies in data analytics and implementing them where relevant;
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help A2E realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results;
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness;
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility;
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening;
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree qualified Business Administration, Data analytics, Commerce, or another relevant field;
- 5+ years of experience in strategic and/or analytical role;
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven experience managing and upskilling a small team;
- Collaborative, hands on team player.
- Data fluency, if you are unable to do the data analysis yourself, you are able to analyze the analysis of others, critique the analysis, and ask meaningful questions;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Ability to balance multiple strategic projects and priorities at once.
Fluent English and Portuguese are mandatory.
- Advanced MS Office user;
- Proven experience in Excel, Tableau, SQL, or other data analysis and visualization tools.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!