The Back End Developer will work with the Application Architect and DevOps teams to define and improve design and implementation to all the software developed by Bboxx. This role, together with the Application Architect will be responsible to make sure we keep our infrastructure and software solution standardized and scalable in volume and number of new features.
- Participate in or lead on developments, including peer reviews and quality control, ensuring that our software remains scalable and easy to maintain.
- Create tools to improve developers work.
- Analyse the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Define how deployed software can be monitored.
- Participate in any new architecture decisions.
- Ensure teams adhere to documented designs, development patterns and standards.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software solutions.
- Work alongside the DevOps team to make sure the CI/CD pipeline is standardized, and all the systems deployed have a good and standardized monitoring system.
Qualification and Experience
- At least 3 years of python experience
- At least 5 years of development experience
- Good knowledge of at least one Python framework
- Good knowledge and use of patterns and best development practices
- Good knowledge on AWS services, solutions, and architecture
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with Continuous Integration Lifecycle
- Experience with provisioning tools as well as automating the testing, deployment and monitoring of software systems