Company Profile: candi is a dedicated PV focused renewable energy company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this unserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic person to take on the Asset Data Acquisition role within South Africa, who will help candi to further deliver premium solar solutions. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and proactive involvement.
The job requires taking ownership of the following for the South African team:
- Setup and management of data acquisition hardware & infrastructure from the plants to the data servers.
- Examples of hardware include data loggers, meters, sensors, PLC’s, site networking & telecommunications, routers.
- Utilizing a variety of communication protocols between the hardware types and the transfer of data to and from servers and other remotely connected hardware.
- Data specification compliance, validity, integrity and delivery consistency
- Plant power controller setup between solar, Inverter, generator and battery hybrid system options where applicable.
- Support the Asset Management team in resolving plant issues.
- Plant health diagnostics data quality assurance (string testing, thermography, IV curve tracing)
- Collection of data required for Asset Management maintenance and plant performance KPI’s
- Collection of plant equipment data and plant downtime data for billing and contract management
- Primary interface between local Asset management team and global Asset Intelligence team on data acquisition topics, issues and related systems development
- Support local and global Data Intelligence systems development projects where applicable.
- Preferably, but not limited to Cape Town, JHB or Durban
- Flexibility to work from home on a regular basis (hybrid work)
- Occasional travel to candi sites and candi offices in South Africa
Hours: Full time (five days per week)
- Appropriate qualification (BTech / BEng / Energy Systems / Data Science / Networking), or justified
- 3+ years PV industry or related industry work experience in commissioning, diagnosing & troubleshooting data systems & related hardware
- Highly analytical and able to manually complement data sets and maintain a BI dashboard.
- Interested in programming code and how software contributes to a more sustainable energy supply
- Hands-on ability and experience working on site, especially with AC/DC Power Systems / IT systems / SCADA / Industrial Automations
- Experience and skills in Data Analytics and Engineering is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL and Python is a plus
- Desire to work in an international environment, sharing ideas and learnings across borders and cultures
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because…
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.