About Husk Power Systems
Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy service companies with operations in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
Husk is seeking an Area Lead, to support the Installation team in Nigeria toward achieving its targets. This individual will play an integral role in conducting initial project development activities towards the deployment of rooftop solar and passive infrastructure etc. to serve a variety of clients across various locations within Nigeria. We are looking for someone who has experience in project development and installation activities within the renewable energy sector and is passionate about contributing to solving one of Nigeria’s most critical challenges – the energy access deficit. This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in many countries in Asia and Africa, including India and Nigeria.
- Play a key part as a member of the Project Team leading project development and installation activities for deployment of rooftop solar etc for potential EPC clients.
- Support the development of energy audit guides, and enumeration surveys for use during project development activities.
- Support the optimization of various project development activities to ensure best practices are entrenched towards more efficient processes.
- Support information and data gathering for market intelligence insights within and around proposed deployment locations.
- Support in driving “Best Practices” across the business. Once a “Best Practice” has been identified, ensure that the practice is visible nationally and to another subsidiary.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Provide inputs to the client selection and segmentation process, to ensure process is optimized for selection of economically viable clients according to selection criteria.
- Conduct initial feasibility studies, enumeration surveys and energy audit for potential EPC clients.
- Lead energy audit and audit reporting activities for potential EPC clients, jointly with the EPC Business Team.
- Maintain a repository for all data from project development activities for easy access when required.
- Support client/stakeholder engagement activities during project development activities along with relevant teams
- Ensure any relevant regulatory permits are registered and/or applied for in time from regulators and other government stakeholders.
- Support engagements with clients and in ensuring agreements are signed off.
- Support Business Development activities with the EPC Business Team on areas including engagements with potential clients providing relevant data and information gathered during project development activities.
Engineering Design Support
- Support in the system design with the Engineering Team across potential client locations using information and data gathered during enumeration surveys, energy audits.
- Support in mapping, roof sizing for potential EPC clients from information gathered during energy audits jointly with relevant teams.
- Make telling inputs into system sizing for clients jointly with the Engineering Team.
- Support the overall Country targets for ensuring zero incident during project activities and site installation.
- Provide updates, as and when required, on EPC project installation activities.
- Drive project delivery within agreed timelines with clients, ensuring KPIs and milestones are met within timelines.
- Work with Project Manager and relevant team on component sourcing for site installation and ensuring management/alignment on project costs.
- Ensure project delivery timeline, scope and cost are adhered to
Client Service Support
- Ensure project SLA with clients’ is strictly adhered to.
- Support remote monitoring and troubleshooting activities for clients jointly with the Systems Engineer and O&M Team.
- Ensure client issues are escalated appropriately for decisive action and resolution with relevant teams during project construction.
General Skills & Attributes
- Ability to develop and update professional knowledge and skills quickly and efficiently. Ability to apply professional knowledge and skills in the advancement of business objectives.
- Proven proactive approach to business development.
- Quickly and successfully implements changes and improvements in operational activities and services.
- Adapts to changes in company strategy whilst developing own strategy to achieve a personal goal of competently developing projects.
- Assesses own development needs and develops self to improve job performance and fulfil future potential. Contributes to the team ethos of Company.
- The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through persuasive communication, negotiating skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Could work in outdoor weather conditions at certain times
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions; and determine accuracy of the work assigned
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations as required
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience within the renewable energy sector supporting project development and installation activities.
- Must have deep industry knowledge and be able to provide relevant inputs on optimizing delivery of project activities
- Must have a clear understanding of what it takes and means to sell ‘power’ for business operations to clients
- Minimum of a HND degree in relevant engineering/sciences degree.
- Post-graduate degree and/or related professional qualifications are considered a positive.
- Excellent problem-solving skills as well as a requirement for being hands on
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- This position requires risk analysis, critical thinking, and the ability to provide solutions to the benefit of the company, and projects.
- Operationally focused; detailed oriented but able to grasp the big picture
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and project management tools (MS Project, Asana, Slack, etc)
- Most importantly, the candidate must fit company spirit where people work smart, play hard, have fun, and are dedicated to success
- You are driven to support the delivery of business growth in a new market.
- You have a robust industry network and understand effective client engagement practices.
- You are an effective planner and have a strong orientation to process
- Most importantly, candidate must fit company spirit where people work smart, play hard, have fun and are dedicated to success.
- You build strong relationships on trust, and are a strong verbal communicator