- Job-ID: V000051318
- Location: Bonn, Eschborn
- Assignment period: 02/01/2023 – 09/30/2026
- Field: Infrastructure
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 11/26/2022
GET.invest (https://www.get-invest.eu/) is a leading European programme that supports investments in sustainable energy projects in developing countries. It is implemented by GIZ on behalf the European Union, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Austria. The programme is part of the platform GET.pro (https://www.global-energy-transformation.eu/) and works with a focus on Sub-Sahara Africa, and activities in the Caribbean as well as the Pacific.The programme supports all relevant technologies, assisting project developers and companies towards “bankability”, linking them with financiers. It also stimulates new partnerships and ventures by providing information about market opportunities, through (online) events, and by cooperating with industry associations.
- Joint coordination of a leading finance advisory service (“the Facility”) in a dynamic market environment with at this time more than 130 clients and a historic track record of more than 260 clients, many of which have been successfully supported to access finance and reached financial close
- Contributions to the management of the Facility, ensuring it is on track in terms of the objectives of GET.invest, the expectations of GET.invest donors, and the needs of relevant market actors
- Continuous development, evolution and improvement of the Facility, the scope of services, the delivery modalities and processes, as well as the front- and back-end infrastructure
- Collaborative steering of the team of external senior consultants and advisors through service contracts in several expert pools, incl. thematic contract management (administrative processes are handled by a dedicated unit), building on a well-established cooperation foundation
- Collaborative steering of the partnerships and cooperation networks with peer programmes and financiers with many of whom GET.invest has structured cooperations in place
- Steering of the Monitoring an Evaluation system for the Facility: quality assurance, data analysis and synthesis and provision of quantitative and qualitative results and information to GET.invest for reporting (reporting and report writing is handled by a dedicated unit)
- Input to GET.invest’s communication team for external and internal communication of the Facility and its results, as well as representation and speaking roles at events, towards donors, or through other communication channels
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. engineering, economics, MBA etc.)
- Substantial (8 years or more) relevant professional experience in investment or investment facilitation in project and/or corporate finance specifically in developing countries
- Relevant experience in sustainable energy markets, such as on-and off-grid electricity as well as clean cooking and/or energy efficiency, in developing countries
- Regional experience in sub-Saharan Africa
- Strong and demonstrated experience in managing external service providers, incl. complex assignments
- Working experience with a financing institution is a strong asset; experience in development cooperation organisations and/or private sector are assets
- An interdisciplinary mindset, the ability to cooperate and work in a team, willingness to take responsibility, a proactive drive to identify challenges and find solutions, as well as strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- Business fluent in English; French is a strong asset; German and Portuguese are desirable
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for international business trips is required.
In order to fulfill the company’s objectives, the readiness of employees for assignments at all GIZ locations in Germany and abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Everyone has the same opportunities in our company, regardless of gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability. We recruit based on specialist expertise and social skills. Transparency and fair opportunities for career advancement are just as much a matter of course for us as gender not being a barrier to taking up a management position.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- We provide opportunities for taking part in training and professional development to all our staff. Our Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) will help you develop your skills.
- Ensuring the compatibility of career, family work and care commitments is part of our corporate policy. Flexible working hours and comprehensive preparation packages for families accompanying staff abroad are two examples of the opportunities that GIZ offers its employees. Our family-friendly philosophy also includes providing support for family members in need of care.
- Flexi-time and the possibility for mobile working gives staff maximum flexibility.
- We offer you various part-time working models to give you flexibility in planning your working and home lives.
- We allow our staff to accrue working time credits in a long-term working time account. This credit can then be used to take a lengthy leave of absence.
- Our health management helps staff all over the world to maintain their health and performance levels in a variety of ways.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- We reward staff who achieve their agreed annual targets with a variable remuneration component.
- If your family is unable to go with you when you switch to another location, we will provide you with a separation allowance to help you cover the resulting extra costs. This will enable you to travel or to offset the costs of food or maintaining two households, for example.
- As sustainability and environmental awareness are part and parcel of our corporate philosophy, we will provide you with financial support in the form of a job ticket.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation are an integral part of our corporate culture.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
+49 6196 79 3200