As countries prepare for economic recovery, governments in sub-Saharan Africa will need to create more jobs and spur economic growth. Investments in energy access can do both those things. Here are five reasons why African governments should consider energy access as they design their recovery plans:
1. An Opportunity to Transition Away from Fossil Fuels.
2. Distributed Renewables Can Create Jobs While Providing Affordable, Reliable Energy
3. Energy Access Can Improve Agricultural Productivity
4. Energy Infrastructure Can Boost Local Manufacturing
5. Public-Private Collaboration in Energy Investments
Read more: EABWNews