Welcome to Sun-Connect eG
We bring solar energy to people living in developing countries who have no access to clean, reliable and affordable energy. As of today, we talk about approximately 1.2 billion people worldwide (2014).
Energy is an important pillar for economic and social development – and hereby also a key for poverty alleviation.
As cooperative we combine our social concern with economic sustainability and ecology:
- We enable families and small enterprises in developing countries to achieve clean and affordable electricity through an established and proven installment purchase model.
- We enable our local partner organizations the purchase of solar products and we support them regarding maintenance and service.
- We enable our members to combine their social and ecological concern with financial profit.
As a member of Sun-Connect eG you benefit from the financial success of our cooperative – and you enable social and sustainable development in our partner countries at the same time.
Secure your membership!
For the set-up of our work in Ethiopia, Kenya and the Philippines we offer as a start 1,000 memberships!
Invest in Sun-Connect eG!
- Solar energy for Africa and Asia
- 10 cooperative shares = 2,000 Euro (minimum share)
- Expected dividend: approx. 3%
- Cancelation period of 2 years
- No additional funding obligation
- Sustainable and target-oriented investment in future markets
- Annual general meeting
- Social. Economic. Ecological.
News from Sun-Connect eG
>>> Sustainable Investment Awards 2014 <<<
Sun-Connect eG is nominated as a finalist for the Sustainable Investment Awards 2014 in following two categories: Best New Entrant and Best Investment Project. Here you will find further information.
25.11.2014: The trustee GLS Treuhand e.V. becomes an investing member
We are happy to welcome the trustee GLS Treuhand e.V. as new investing member of our cooperative. In our press release you will find further information.
17.11.2014: Conference in Mozambique
Dr. Schützeichel is invited as lecturer to a conference about Off-Grid Photovoltaic in Maputo. The event is organized by AHK (Southern African-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit).
04.11.2014: Symposium in Freiburg (Switzerland)
Director Dr. Schützeichel is speaker at the symposium „Renewable energies and energy efficiency in the development cooperation“. Here you can find the program (German/English/French).
29.08.2014: Sun-Connect eG delivers solar products to Ethiopia
A first container of 4,000 solar products, made by Niwa Solar, is on the way to our Ethiopian partner organization.