Welcome to Sun-Connect eG
We bring solar energy to people living in developing countries who have no access to clean, reliable and affordable energy. As of today, we talk about approximately 1.2 billion people worldwide (2014).
Energy is an important pillar for economic and social development – and hereby also a key for poverty alleviation.
As cooperative we combine our social concern with economic sustainability and ecology:
- We enable families and small enterprises in developing countries to achieve clean and affordable electricity through an established and proven installment purchase model.
- We enable our local partner organizations the purchase of solar products and we support them regarding maintenance and service.
- We enable our members to combine their social and ecological concern with financial profit.
As a member of Sun-Connect eG you benefit from the financial success of our cooperative – and you enable social and sustainable development in our partner countries at the same time.
Secure your membership!
For the set-up of our work in Ethiopia, Kenya and the Philippines we offer as a start 1,000 memberships!
Invest in Sun-Connect eG!
- Solar energy for Africa and Asia
- 10 cooperative shares = 2,000 Euro (minimum share)
- Expected dividend: approx. 3%
- Cancelation period of 2 years
- No additional funding obligation
- Sustainable and target-oriented investment in future markets
- Annual general meeting
- Social. Economic. Ecological.
01/2015: SUN & WIND ENERGY The Solar Edition presents Sun-Connect eG
The magazine "SUN & WIND ENERGY The Solar Edition" published an article about our cooperative (page 86). Here you find the entire article for download.
News from Sun-Connect eG
Sun-Connect eG supplies components for the assembly of 3,600 decentralized solar systems to the Ethiopian solar company "STM Solar Technologies Manufacturing" in Addis Ababa. The company is ground-breaking for Ethiopia: it is the first assembling company in this East African country.
The General Assembly from Sun-Connect eG will take place in Freiburg on June 17. Good news for the members: for 2014, the cooperative shows a positive result.
1,400 solar home systems for Kenya are loaded in Hong Kong and will now be shipped to our partner company in Kenya. This will provide solar energy for lighting and mobile phone charging to 7,000 people.
>>> Award at the Sustainable Investment Awards 2014 <<<
Sun-Connect eG wins at the Sustainable Investment Awards 2014 the award "Highly Commended" in the category Best Investment Project. Here you will find further information.